Play It Safe With Propane
Our customers’ comfort is important – but not nearly as important as their safety! Propane customers know full well that propane has a long-standing record of safety. However, propane leaks – although very rare – can happen suddenly. It’s important for you and your family to know what to do in case of a propane leak.
Please review these safety tips with your family, and have a plan of action in place in case there is a propane leak in your home!
- Extinguish all smoking materials and any other open flames or sources of ignition. Everyone should vacate the area.
- Move away without using any electrical switches, appliances, thermostats or telephones
- Close the gas shutoff valve on the propane tank, if safe to do so
- Call us and/or your local fire department from a mobile phone or a neighbor’s telephone after you have left the area
- Do not re-enter the area until a qualified technician or first responder says it is clear
- Be sure to contact New England Propane to come and inspect your equipment, to ensure another leak won’t occur when the propane is turned back on
Please call if you believe you’re experiencing a propane leak or any other emergency related to your propane-fueled appliances. Feel free to also call or contact us online to learn more about our propane delivery and other propane-related services we provide!